Join us this Spring as we start a new decade of events and workshops!
Business Networking Breakfast with photography experts 360 South West – 26th February at Company Spaces 8am
Join Taunton Chamber of Commerce for our 1st Business Networking Breakfast of 2020 with opportunity to explore the world of virtual tours with digital photography expert and Taunton Chamber member business 360 South West. Our hosts for the event are member business Company Spaces. During the event you will be able to:
- Network with like-minded businesses from across Taunton Deane over refreshments and breakfast pastries.
- Explore the world of Virtual Tours and 360 degree photography with expert Ian Lewis from 360 South West, and understand the benefits of using this medium for your business and your customers.
- Experience the benefits of membership of the Taunton Chamber of Commerce.
Interactive Cyber Security Workshop with the South West Police Regional Cyber Crime Unit **FREE TO TAUNTON CHAMBER MEMBERS** Monday 16th March at The Glass Box 9am
Join the Taunton Chamber of Commerce and the South West Police Regional Cyber Crime Unit for this members only interactive workshop based on improving your knowledge of Cyber Security, and how you can take steps to ensure that your business meets simple but effective standards in good IT practice and cyber security, with an effort to make sure you don’t present a risk to other businesses and their clients.
- During the workshop you’ll work in teams to manage the cyber security of a fictional organisation (made of Lego!)
- Competing against other teams, you’ll face scenarios based on real life cyber threats, which will develop and evolve as you proceed to safeguard your company and its assets. You’ll need to use all of your leadership, communication and collaborative skills to ensure that the risk of a cyber-attack against your company is strategically planned for.
- This exciting game will teach you how to effectively prioritise different technical, procedural, and physical controls that you can employ to enhance your cyber security and protect your organisation.
- You’ll also improve your ability to communicate the importance of cyber security issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- The game is perfectly suited to professionals from a range of industry roles, sectors, and experience. All equipment will be provided.
As this is a FREE workshop, please note that places are limited to one per business.
Taunton Chamber Networking Afternoon Tea & AGM at The Corner House Hotel – Tuesday 21st April 5.30pm
Join us for our Networking Cream Tea and 2020 AGM, kindly sponsored by our member business The Corner House Hotel & The Retreat As well as a delicious cream tea, attendees will be able to:
- Network with other like-minded local member businesses
- Find out more about the facilities available at The Corner House Hotel & The Retreat
- Meet the Executive Committee and find out more about how the Chamber is promoting commercial activity across Taunton, and influencing projects that will benefit the town, it’s businesses and its residents.
Taunton Chamber Tech Tour with the Glass Box Team – Tuesday 28th April at The Glass Box 9am
Join Taunton Chamber of Commerce and the Glass Box Technology Hub team for our second joint Tech Tour! During the event you will be able to:
- Find out about all the ground breaking technology and online support available at the Glass Box from Digital Development Officer Olly Hellis, with support from Ian Lewis from our Taunton Chamber member business 360 South West.
- Try new technology for yourself, including Virtual Reality, 3D printing and 360 degree cameras, and learn how you can apply these new technologies in your own business.
- Network with like-minded local businesses and find out about the benefits of joining the Taunton Chamber of Commerce.
Wine Tasting Social Event with Taunton Chamber & Little Wine Shop & Social – Tuesday 5th May from 6pm
Join Taunton Chamber for this exciting social event hosted by The Little Wine Shop & Social Wine Bar. Max and Philippe, the owners, are Taunton’s wine and charcuterie experts and will be giving us a warm welcome to a great evening of socialising in their exclusive premises at the heart of Taunton’s Independent Quarter.
- Arrive from 6pm onwards to relax in the comfortable surroundings of The Little Wine Shop & Social Wine Bar, with wine tasting beginning at 6.30pm.
- You will have the opportunity to sample 5 different quality wines, accompanied by either cheese, bread or charcuterie expertly selected as perfect paring partners by Max and Philippe.
- On the night, Taunton Chamber of Commerce members will also be able to save 10% on any products purchased from The Little Wine Shop to take home.
Mental Health at Work: SME Toolkit Workshop with New Leaf & Taunton Chamber – Tuesday 19th May at Company Spaces 9.15am
Putting Wellbeing at the heart of workplace design for GIG workers and SMEs will allow us to grow a new world of work where we can look after our wellbeing and engage in this new economy and feel well in our being. This is the first opportunity to attend this brand new workshop launched in Mental Health Awareness Week.
Becky Wright is a member of Taunton Chamber of Commerce and a local Mental Health Trainer and SME owner. She will provide you with a SME Toolkit for Mental Health and Wellbeing. This three-hour interactive workshop will give you the opportunity to understand:
- What is mental health?
- What is stress?
- Tips and techniques to stay well at work
- Factors that affect mental health stigma and the impact
- Types of mental health conditions spotting the signs
- Useful statistics and resources to access, Mental Health First Aid overview
- Practical steps to provide assistance to others and toolkit of support for you and your employees
Book now using the Eventbrite links to avoid disappointment!
Would you like to run or host an event in partnership with the Taunton Chamber?
Would you like to see a particular topic or business training need covered?