Somerset West and Taunton Council widens eligibility criteria for Coronavirus Discretionary Grant Scheme from 9am Friday 10th July
Since the Coronavirus Business Grants schemes were first announced by the Chancellor in April, we have been meeting with Somerset West and Taunton Council on a regular basis to ensure that details regarding criteria, and dates for applications are communicated to our member businesses directly into email inboxes as soon as announced.
We have been given advanced notice that, as at 9am on Friday 10th July, the eligibility criteria for the Coronavirus Discretionary Grant Scheme will be widening.
In addition to the previously qualify businesses types, the scheme will include:
- Self-contained self-catering holiday accommodation which is subject to Council Tax (this does not include room-only) £2,500 grant.
- All B&Bs (not just those registered with SWT as food premises) £2,500 grant
- Commercial fishing Boats, charter fishing boats and Charter pleasure boat businesses based within SWT harbours £5,000 grant
- Street traders and market operators who have consents from SWT and live within SWT – £2,000 grant
- Taxi/private hire drivers, who are licenced with SWT – £2,000 grant
- Mobile retailers (those businesses that sell and deliver to their customers) £2,500 grant
- Visitor information centres £7,500
There has been a phased approach to widening the Discretionary scheme in order to balance demand with the funds that were made available. Full details of all eligible businesses that are now included in the scheme can be found by clicking the link below.
The revised criteria, plus the link for new applications will be live from 9am on Friday 10th July