Chamber members Citizens Advice Taunton get ready to offer face to face support
An enormous amount of thought and preparation has gone into making St Mary’s House, the base of Taunton Chamber of Commerce members Citizens Advice Taunton, compliant with coronavirus best-practice.
Measures to ensure safety include:
- Modifications to the Interview Rooms – clients and advisors will be in adjacent rooms, separated by a glass panel and communication via a hatch or if needed conference call. Interview rooms have new UV-C machines for air purification.
- All entrances have hand sanitiser stations, government advice posters and are controlled to ensure 2m social distancing.
- Temperature sensors are available to record body temperatures of clients as well as volunteers and paid staff if they wish as they arrive in the foyer. A track & trace QR code is displayed prominently. The reception area now has full screen separation from the entrance foyer.
- Paid and volunteer staff have completed individual risk assessments and discussed issues such as transport, shift start and finish times and expectations over maintaining social distance on stairs and in offices.
- Extensive consultations have been conducted with volunteers and paid staff.
- Our cleaner will complete additional shifts.
Jon Shoesmith CEO at Citizens Advice Taunton explains further: “We’re aiming to open Mon, Tues, Thurs as of 17-5-21. During the pandemic we delivered advice using Telephone and Email only, and found that we helped more people than before. Because of this we will steer visitors those channels, and will only offer a first response via Face to Face contact for those that can’t use them”
Telephone Support – call 0808 278 7842 free-phone
The line is open Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm
Online Support – complete our advice form at: https://citizensadvicetaunton.org.uk/advice-form/