Taunton Chamber of Commerce has been an active voice on behalf of the local business community for more than 95 years.
The Chamber is a membership organisation which provides a strong voice for businesses, offers opportunities to meet and network with like-minded business people and promotes and lobbies for business development in Taunton and the surrounding area.
The views and concerns of our members are channeled directly through our links with key local organizations, Local government, statutory bodies and other decision makers to provide a real influence on local policies. We exist to support business and individuals who want to improve their own businesses and to encourage improved performance in the local economy.
Whether it is helping an individual business to get appropriate planning permissions or lobbying for improvements to the local transport strategy, Taunton Chamber of Commerce is effective in getting things done and acting as a powerful voice for local business.
Aims and Objectives
Managed and run by and for local businesses as a powerful voice uniquely positioned at the heart of the local community, the Chamber seeks to support and represent its members and the whole business community at local and regional level.
In consultation with members, the aim of the Chamber is to become the primary representative of business interests within the local district, working in partnership with other like-minded organisations in order to enhance the prosperity of its members and the surrounding region, by:
- Securing recognition of the importance of the business community
- Enabling business people to network and share ideas
- Working with local government and other organisations to achieve change
- Representing members’ concerns and supporting business activity
- Creating and promoting goodwill, friendship and unity amongst our members and other traders within the Borough of Taunton Deane and its surrounding areas
- Subscribing to and supporting, by way of affiliation or otherwise, organisations having objectives similar to or allied with those of the Chamber and also such local charitable institutions as may be deemed worthy of support in the furtherance of the objectives of the Chamber
- Promoting Taunton and the local economy